Friday, April 27, 2012

Ice Cream at Sweet Rose Creamery


Due to popular demand, I've decided to expand my horizons and blog on more than just dishes you. So here's my first review on an all-time favorite: ice cream.

Place: Sweet Rose Creamery
          225 26th Street (The Brentwood Country Mart)
          Santa Monica, CA

Genre: Ice Cream

$$

Hit or a Miss? Hit!

Featured Flavor: Chai Soy

My Opinion:
I can't get enough of Sweet Rose! They have the most exotic and mouth-watering flavors. Olive oil? Basil? Horchata? Chai Soy? Wasabi? Salted Caramel? They've got quite the spread. For those of you who are "true" mint chip lovers (by true I mean the type of people who want mint ice cream that tastes like you're eating a mint leaf) then you have to get a scoop of the mint chip ice cream at Sweet Rose. It's like nothing you've ever had before. You can clearly tell that the mint is natural and fresh. Additionally, texture is what makes the ice cream. Yes, the flavors are incredible, but is an icy salted caramel ice cream all that good? The ice cream texture at Sweet Rose is just pure perfection. It's fluffy, rich and compliments the ice cream's flavor. One thing to note when you do go to Sweet Rose is that the flavors tend to rotate depending on the season; however, if you can't find the flavor you're looking for, you're bound to find a new favorite! For example, I had been craving the horchata sorbet, but unfortunately it was no longer available, so I went out on a limb and tried the basil ice cream. It was surprisingly very enjoyable. There was something about it that just made me want to take one more bite. It wasn't missing anything, but after each spoonful I was trying to figure out why I liked it so much. By the time I finished my cup I figured it out. (this may sound weird, but I promise you it was delicious nonetheless) It was sort of like a sweet and very light pesto flavor, which was so enticing. Naturally, it would taste like some sort of pesto since it's basil ice cream, but I couldn't figure it out until the end. That's my favorite part about Sweet Rose: you always find a new favorite flavor; you can't lose!

No comments:

Post a Comment