Saturday, April 14, 2012

Variety at Scarpetta

*an unconventional review*
note: I've been to Scarpetta several times, but only for Sunday brunch, so I'm not entirely familiar with their regular menu. (every Sunday brunch is a buffet)

Restaurant: Scarpetta

Info: 225 North Canon Drive
        Beverly Hills, CA 90210
        (310) 860-7800

$$$$

Hit or a Miss? Hit!

Genre: Modern Italian

Must have "dishes": Assorted cheeses provided by the Beverly Hills Cheese Store

My Opinion:
To be honest, I really go to Scarpetta for the cheese. I'm lactose intolerant, but this is worth the pain. The Beverly Hills Cheese store always provides Scarpetta with exquisite cheeses, which change from week to week. These cheeses are "la crème de la crème." I'm not a cheese expert, but I've learned a lot just from my sunday brunches at Scarpetta. The Beverly Hills Cheese store has their own table set up with an expert from the store who explains each cheese to you: the name, where it came from, what type of cheese etc. It's very helpful. In fact its the same person every time and I've made a new friend as a result. Anyway... I cannot explain how delicate and delicious these cheeses are. From the creamy and mild Reblochon, to the subtle yet bold Boschetto al Tartuffo (truffled), to the ever so strong Roquefort, there's a cheese pallet for everyone. You just tell the cheese expert whether you are fond of mild, strong, soft or hard cheeses and then voilà! you have yourself a diverse set of cheeses to your liking. You won't be able to find a variety like this at any restaurant! You won't only get a plate of cheeses, but also crackers, jams, sun dried tomatoes, pistachios etc. It's the ultimate one of a kind cheese tasting pallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment