Saturday, February 16, 2013

Dinner at Gordon Ramsay's The Fat Cow

Squash Blossoms 

Fat Cow Market Salad with Salmon

Macaroni and Cheese

Place: The Fat Cow
           At The Grove

$$

My opinion:
My overall experience at the Fat Cow was good, not exceptional, but good. I think the best part of my meal was the order of the Squash Blossoms. Though originally an Italian dish, the american twist on it was well done. I would have to say that the corn was a bit over-powering, but still good nonetheless. I was pretty excited for the salad, but I wasn't blown away when I ate it. To start, there was way too much dressing. There was so much that by my second bite, the lettuce was already limp. The hazelnuts were an interesting addition that I actually liked. The salmon wasn't a great combination with the salad. It had a sweet-soy glaze and the salad had a lemon vinaigrette....not very compatible. Then my friends and I shared some of the Macaroni and Cheese. The macaroni was pretty good though. Overall I'd say that my meal at the Fat Cow as mediocre. Is it a restaurant you can't miss? no. Is it good? sure. If you do go, you have to get the squash blossoms though!

No comments:

Post a Comment