Monday, January 28, 2013

"Frankies" at India Jones

Paneer "Frankie"

Truck: India Jones Chow Truck
-typically located on Wilshire Boulevard across the street from LACMA

Genre: Indian

$

Hit or a Miss? Hit!

My Opinion:
So after my positive experience at Cali Bahn Mi I decided to try another food truck. I absolutely love Indian food, so I was drawn to the "India Jones" truck the minute I saw it. Sure, I was a bit skeptical about good Indian food coming from a truck (or any type of cuisine for that matter), but I had to try and see for myself. So I ordered a "Paneer Frankie." You must be thinking, "...what's a Frankie?" A "Frankie" is a Roti (an Indian flat bread) rolled up with cilantro tamarind chutney and chopped onion with an egg wash. There were several Frankie options: Lamb, Chicken, Beef, Mushroom & Cheese and Paneer. Paneer is an Indian cheese, which has the flavor and texture much like that of tofu. I am quite fond of paneer, so I ordered a paneer Frankie. I'm so glad that I did. Honestly, the flavor combination was just perfect. The sweet chutney accompanied with the savory paneer and soft roti made for a smooth texture in your mouth and a delectable explosion of flavor. I just get more and more impressed with food trucks after each encounter! India Jones is definitely on my list of "can't miss food trucks." See for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment