Friday, January 4, 2013

Macarons at 'lette

Assorted Macarons: vanilla, earl grey, salted caramel pistachio, Italian almond, and lemon

Place: 'lette Macarons
          9466 Charleville Blvd.
          Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Genre: French pastry

$$

My opinion:
I had my first 'american macarons' from 'lette. Of course they're nothing compared to macarons from Ladurée and Pierre Hermé, but they do the trick. In fact, I was rather surprised by their quality when I first had them. My favorite flavors are the ones listed above in the photo caption. Their best flavors though would have to be salted caramel and pistachio. The pistachio macaron just has such fresh and satisfying pistachio flavor. The salted caramel one is incredible! The filling is not even a traditional ganache...it's simply caramel. So when you eat it, you'll feel the caramel ooze down your finger when you first bite into it. If I had to do a comparison between the macarons from 'lette and those from Bottega Louie, I'd have to say the ones from 'lette are better. I don't know....they just taste a lot fresher and lighter. If you've never had French macarons before, NOT macarOOns, then you should have your first ones at 'lette, unless of course you're going to France in the near future. Save your first macaron experience for France ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment