Friday, January 4, 2013

"Snow Cream" at Blockheads Shavery

Original Snow Cream (to go) with Andes chocolate mint and Strawberries 

Original "Snow Cream" and Coconut "drizzle" with Andes chocolate mint and Strawberries


Place: Blockheads Shavery
          11311 Mississippi Ave.
          Los Angeles, CA 90025

Genre: Ice Cream / "Snow Cream"

$

My opinion:
So my friends kept telling me over the summer to try "Snow Cream." You must be wondering, "What on earth is 'Snow Cream' ?" Basically, it's a large chunk of some version of ice cream (lighter and less 'creamy' and much more 'solid,' like ice) that has been shaved into extremely thin sheets. It's not shaved ice, but some think of it that way. Anyway, I liked it when I went for the first time. It's different from anything I've had before. It's light and fluffy, but truthfully lacks a lot of flavor. However, you have the option of adding 'drizzle,' which is essentially syrup. If you don't get the 'drizzle,' you won't like the 'Snow Cream,' it would be too dry (I know this from experience...). They have the rather popular condensed milk drizzle, coconut, chocolate, coconut, mango and strawberry drizzle. The condensed milk seemed too heavy for me, so I decided to try the coconut drizzle. A bit too sweet, but when combined with the rather bland 'Snow cream,' it's pretty fantastic. It's the perfect summer treat! Unlike ice cream and frozen yogurt, you don't feel all that bloated/sick after finishing the large portion of Blockheads. Oh yea, the portions are HUGE. Other than the redbean, the toppings are pretty standard: chocolate chips, fruit, oreos etc. The combination I recommend is: original 'Snow Cream,' coconut drizzle, strawberries and Andes chocolate mint. It was delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment