Monday, January 28, 2013

Tofu Bahn Mi at Cali Bahn Mi

My first Food Truck review!
Lemongrass Tofu Bahn Mi

Truck: Cali Bahn Mi
-typically located across the street from the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)

Genre: Vietnamese

$

Hit or a Miss? Hit!

My Opinion:
I'm not too fond of food trucks, but I was interested in trying one after visiting LACMA over the summer. I mainly decided on Cali Bahn Mi because of their vegetarian option: the lemongrass tofu bahn mi. I was blown away. Firstly it tasted so fresh despite the fact that it came out of a truck. Secondly the combination of the lemongrass tofu with the lime peppercorn aioli and cucumber was superb. Finally, the bread was perfect: flakey and crunchy on the outside, but soft on the inside, which helped absorb the juices of the lemongrass tofu and aioli flavor. If you're looking for a quick, tasty, and inexpensive sandwich along Wilshire Blvd. after a day at the museum, Cali Bahn Mi is the place to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment