Monday, January 28, 2013

Ravioli at Scarpetta

Porcini & Taleggio Ravioli
(please excuse the poor picture quality!)

Place: Scarpetta
          225 North Canon Drive
          Beverly Hills, CA 90210
          (310) 860-7800

Genre: Italian / 'nuova' cuisine

$$$$

Hit or a Miss? Hit!

My Opinion:
"chestnuts & black winter truffles" ...need I say more? Anything with the word "truffle" in it and I'm sold. The presentation itself is a masterpiece: porcini and taleggio ravioli, truffle foam and fresh black winter truffles. It was simply divine. I don't think I've ever eaten a dish as slowly as I did this one. I had to savor each bite! Words cannot do justice to/describe this pasta. The first thing I noticed on my first bite was how fresh the pasta was. You could just tell that it was made that day. As usual, the truffle flavor was evidently present, but not over done, just the way I like it. I took each bite carefully, making sure to get the ravioli, with some truffle foam and a bit of fresh truffle. It was the perfect way to eat it. This is definitely one of the finer "truffle" dishes I've had. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment