Saturday, January 12, 2013

Quinoa Pancakes at Cafe Montana

Quinoa Pancakes with Blueberries, Bananas, Walnuts and Maple Syrup

Place: Cafe Montana
          1534 Montana Avenue
          Santa Monica, CA 90402

Genre: Cafe - Breakfast

$$

Hit or a Miss? Hit!

My opinion:
Wow...just wow. I mean, I love quinoa, but I never knew one could make quinoa pancakes. I don't think I'll ever be eating normal pancakes again. What I enjoyed most was that you got a deliciously (semi-thick) fluffy pancake without the density that often comes with a thick pancake. I think the quinoa makes the texture much less heavy. I walked into Cafe Montana, not thinking I'd leave with any sort of review (1. because it was relatively early in the morning to even think about a review 2. I wasn't in the "foodie" mood). When I left, I knew I'd be blogging about it. If you don't live in Santa Monica, you should really make your way over to Cafe Montana for breakfast. Montana itself is a great place to walk, window shop and eventually make your way down to the beach. :) Something about these pancakes just put a smile on my face. I also didn't feel entirely guilty after finishing my entire plate. Plus, quinoa is filled with protein, so rather than the traditional carb-load from pancakes, you get a more protein filled breakfast. The blueberry, banana walnut combo was superb. Long story short, quinoa pancakes will forever be my favorite types of pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment