Friday, January 4, 2013

Sushi at Sushi Stop

Yellowtail Truffle Handroll 

Spicy Tuna Roll

Place: Sushi Stop
          2053 Sawtelle Blvd.
          Los Angeles 90025

Genre: Japanese food - sushi

$

My opinion:
For what it's worth, Sushi Stop is fantastic. All of the sushi, rolls and sashimi are each $2.75. I was surprised by how good it was for that price. Plus, you get the real experience since the only seating is at the sushi bar. It also doesn't take long to get a seat. When I first went I had to try the salmon sushi. I'll admit, it's not like the salmon sushi at SugarFish, but for $2.75 for two pieces of salmon sushi, it was pretty delicious. My favorite thing there is the yellowtail truffle hand roll. If you haven't read my other posts, I'm a HUGE truffle fanatic; however, I was sort of hesitant to try it in sushi...not the most common combo. To my surprise, the combination was fantastic. The truffle oil is really subtle, so it doesn't take away from the yellowtail flavor, but you still know there's truffle oil in the roll. Everything is perfectly balanced. I'm always so impressed by Sushi Stop. If you're looking for good sushi for a reasonable price, go to Sushi Stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment