Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pizza at 800 Degrees

Margherita Pizza w/ Mushrooms

Place: 800 Degrees Neapolitan Pizza
           10889 Lindbrook Drive
           Westwoood, CA 90024

Genre: Pizzeria

$

Hit or a Miss? Miss

My opinion:
As always, the hype kills your first experience. I've been on the hunt for some great/authentic neapolitan pizza. When a friend of mine told me about 800 Degrees, I knew that I had to try it. I had such high expectations....I should stop having them, I end up being disappointed in the end. So when I first went I got the margherita pizza with mushrooms. Ok, it was not terrible, but it's not what I was expecting. I've had pizza in Italy before...it doesn't even compare. First off, the pizza is way too soggy. Secondly, the tomato sauce just tastes like water. So my personal pizza was not bursting with as much flavor as I hoped it would. The cheese was good, I'll admit that. It's not the traditional type of cheese you'll get from a delivered pizza. You can definitely tell that the mozzarella was fresh. (That's a plus!) The mushrooms were also rather delicious, but my combination wasn't "amazing." I would still say that Milo and Olive pizza is still superior. That said, if you're looking for a quick dinner/lunch with a few friends and want to build your own pizza within the span of 5 minutes, go to 800 Degrees! For what it is, it was not terrible pizza. It just didn't meet my expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment