Sunday, January 13, 2013

Veggie Burgers at the Counter

Milkshakes 

Veggie Burger and the "50/50" in the background:
1/2 fries and 1/2 onion rings
(you have the choice of fries, onion rings and sweet potato fries) 

My custom built veggie burger:
vegan veggie burger on a bed of lettuce with gruyere, tomatoes and caramelized onions
(I don't remember which sauce I got...this photo was taken 2 years ago when I still took photos with my Nikon DSLR)

Place: The Counter Custom Built Burgers
           2901 Ocean Park Blvd. #102
           Santa Monica, CA 90405

Genre: Burgers

$$

Hit or a Miss? Hit!

My opinion:
I've always enjoyed veggie burgers. Even as a carnivore, I preferred a veggie patty over the traditional burger. What I love about the Counter's veggie 'burgers' is that you are never stuck with the same veggie burger if you go more than once. When I go out with friends to a burger place and I'm stuck with one option, the veggie burger, I get pretty jealous of my meat-eating friends who have a wide variety of burgers in front of them. However, at the Counter, I have an infinite amount of burgers I not only get to choose from, but that I can create. This review isn't so much about a specific burger I enjoyed, but more so about the Counter itself and the quality of their food. I actually never get the same combination whenever I go. I think it's just the plethora of options that makes the Counter so appealing, not to mention the freshness of their ingredients. The Counter is a great place to go with friends and family (pretty kid friendly). Their milkshakes are also very good. Sorry for the brief review, but all I can really say at this point is that the Counter is probably the best place to go for any pescetarians who are looking for a good veggie burger. You have to taste it for yourself. Leave a comment to share your favorite burger combo!

No comments:

Post a Comment